Monday, December 1, 2008

Triumph and Hope - 11-17-08

The Triumph of Hope

The 2008 election was a defining moment in history. It was more than a campaign and it was much more than politics. It was a movement of higher consciousness led by Senator Barack Obama that energized and uplifted young and old. It crossed gender, party and ethnic divides. It was a calling to our character and to our higher selves. We were summoned to this ideal by a man who gave us hope; who made us feel good about ourselves; who shared our possibilities and crafted our potential. Most of all, he invited us to believe we could create a better world together. We believed it could be done! So when hope triumphed on November 4th a tsunami of emotions and experiences was unleashed that will echo in our national consciousness forever.

The torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans. It will be led by the 44th President - an African-American - who will be inaugurated in 2009 which is an auspicious Master Number 11 year. The Master Number 11 means revelation and inspiration from the Higher Planes. It is the vibration of brotherly love on a grander scale. It is the number of the Diplomat and Peacemaker. The number 11 needs the number 4 to ground it. In this case the 44th President of the United States is doubly grounded - by structure and order and by the angelic realm.

Two weeks later, we continue to feel the uplifting joy of change. Your words flooded my inbox. You shared your joys and tears, your fears and your dreams. Here's what you said:

I tiptoed into my 6 and 8 year old's room at 1 a.m. and whispered the good news, that they could now sleep safely and soundly in a new world. Margaret

I saw his Light and his sense of purpose and mission. He is a Light gifted to us at this very important time in our human and earth history. He is the beacon that was able to transcend race, culture, religion, gender and all the other illusions that would distort the fact that we are all one. Sharon-Elizabeth

As the mother of two, bi-racial children I smiled proudly as I listened to the eloquence of President Obama's speech. My husband and I decided to wake our seven year old son and four year old daughter to share in this momentous and historical evening. As we huddled together in our bedroom my daughter turned to me and said 'look mommy he's brown like me.' I knew America would be forever different. And then I wept. Mina

I remembered myself as a young girl in 1960 touching the hand of John F. Kennedy at a rally. I yelled to my mom, "I touched his hand - I touched his hand." 48 years later, at the Obama rally at Ed Smith Stadium I watched a young girl screaming into her cell phone, "Mom, I touched his hand - I touched his hand." I never forgot my moment of hope. I knew the torch had passed to this young girl who would never forget hers. Now we both have hope again. jm

For the first time in my life I feel I've been a part of something far greater than myself. I have such on overwhelming feeling of gratitude that we are all empowered and able to bring about positive change. I woke this morning with a feeling of anticipation and expectation. I'm ready to stand tall, put my shoulder to the wheel and work. I feel so blessed to have been a part of this history making event. We've only just begun the ride of our lives! Toni

Sometimes, it's a photo that conveys the story. Sitting on the floor of a church in Harlem, is a mother and daughter. The mother, Latrice Barnes, having heard of Obama's victory, is doubled up in tears; her daughter, Jasmine, is reaching a tentative hand up to soothe her. The hand of the future reaches out to heal the tears of the past.

I will remember this day forever. I am praying for him. I am Hopeful. I'm proud that I participated in giving him the opportunity to make a difference. When he said, "For those of you whose votes I have not earned" he was so respectful. Tears of joy fell as I witnessed a new beginning for future generations. Linda W.

Eyes tear, the heart opens and Divine love flows through those of us touched by the enormous significance of this black/white man of superior intelligence, foresight, wisdom and vision who has energized this country with Hope. It reminds me of the Law of Attraction and the idea of holding on to our vision of hope beyond all shadows, facts, history or reason. To step out there, where no one has gone before in holding the hopes, desires, images of positive expectations for this country and for the world community. I tear up hourly with thanksgiving, my heart wide open, because I see that if anyone has the potential of turning this country around and setting us on a new path towards the new dawn for peace, prosperity and well-being, it is this man. Hope is born once again in the USA! Zan

Harriet Tubman crawled, so that Rosa Parks could walk, so that Martin Luther King, Jr. could march, so that Barack Obama could run, so that those little black toddlers I saw at Obama's speech rally last week - and all children like them - can fly! May the Obama family remain safe, and may Barack Obama not only be the bright light that unites our country, but also one that takes part in uniting our world. Barbara G.

Barack Obama's win was not just for America. It affects the entire world. It says many things to our planet. We are all One - all of us, together. Our planet's collective heart beats stronger this day as the sun rises to shine on our collective hope. We have been blessed. Eileen J

I knew all of my grandfather's stories about the marches in Selma. My father told me I could be anything or do anything that I wanted because I lived in the United States. I never really believed it. Tonight, with this election, I finally believe it! Enrique

Every one of my Korean students had been asking all day 'who was the new president?' On November 5th I wrote on the board in a Seoul Korea classroom, Obama Is The New President of the United States. You would not believe the rejoicing and screams that came out of those Middle schoolers. They jumped, cheered and carried on. I was automatically elevated to the highest vibration of love and comprehension beyond boundaries. Vanda - Seoul, Korea

The night before his assassination in Memphis, Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. said "I have seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land!" The dream is fulfilled. All over the world there are dreams, high hopes and expectations for this new president and the journey that unfolds for him. Meanwhile, our work to support him must continue. Our daily prayers of Divine Light guiding his path surrounds him and his family. There's much to be done, but with strong and good intention, heartfelt love and desire, we will together forge a new destiny for the United States and for this planet. Hope has triumphed!

Every day, all over the world, groups gather individually or together to hold prayers for peace. In our area, we have several groups of twelve who use this mnemonic 68/12 - Start your own group or join us in "no time - no space" for 68 seconds of prayer at any time of the day for this man, this country, this planet and for all of us!

Hopeful days and endless blessings,
Jo - Nov. 17, 2008

No comments: